Host Depot customers can now leverage a dynamic new way to interact with customers and manage their online reputation.
Coral Springs, FL and Needham, MA—September 27, 2007 -- Host Depot, a leading hosting solutions firm, and RatePoint, a company founded by the former executives of GeoTrust, today announced a new partnership that will provide Host Depot customers with access to the RatePoint Consumer Approval Program, an interactive consumer feedback platform and quality assurance certification.
Host Depot customers can immediately take advantage of the RatePoint service offering through their hosting account control panel. RatePoint allows businesses to manage their online reputation by easily capturing and publishing consumer reviews and feedback directly from their web sites. RatePoint verifies actual consumer ratings for authenticity, and businesses then have an opportunity to respond to feedback. With RatePoint, businesses can take full advantage of the benefits of user-generated ratings and reviews, including improved customer retention and loyalty, better communication with their customers, and increased conversion rates.
“Until now, small to mid-sized online businesses had no fully-interactive, hosted customer communication tool to help them compete with the resources of bigger companies,” said Mark Erskine, President and CEO, Host Depot. “The RatePoint Consumer Approval Program levels that playing field by letting us provide the merchants we host with an affordable, easy to implement customer feedback program that allows them to boost sales and strengthen customer relationships.”
Recent industry studies clearly point to the benefits of incorporating user-generated reviews and ratings on business web sites:
- 71% of online shoppers read reviews, making it the most widely read consumer-generated content (Forrester).
- 77% of online shoppers use reviews and ratings when purchasing (Jupiter Research, August 2006).
- Reviews drive 21% higher purchase satisfaction and 18% higher loyalty (Foresee Results Study, January 2007).
- The RatePoint badge, a dynamic Web site seal that businesses can use to collect and publish reviews, and a recognized and trusted symbol of a quality business.
- Access to the RatePoint business dashboard, an online interface that allows businesses to easily manage and respond to feedback and reviews. The business dashboard also provides a host of other feedback management and marketing tools for businesses.
- A customized listing in the RatePoint online business directory that is searchable by millions of consumers. Directory listings can provide better search engine optimization (SEO) and increased traffic.
For complete details of the Host Depot promotion visit http://www.hostdepot.com/Products/Promotion/RatePoint.asp.
About Host Depot, Inc.
Host Depot, Inc. was founded in September of 1997 as a technology company with a focus on hosting and the development of integrated e-commerce solutions tailored for small, medium, and large businesses. Since their inception, they have grown to provide a breadth of new services including Internet access products, web site development, promotional services, and high-end e-commerce hosting solutions. Their goal, to this day, is to provide a convenient, high-performance, and reliable web hosting experience. They have assembled a solid foundation of state-of-the-art servers, high-performance networks, and experienced professionals to ensure that Host Depot, Inc. remains the web host of choice. Further information about Host Depot may be obtained visiting the company's web site at http://www.hostdepot.com.
About RatePoint, Inc.
Founded in 2006, RatePoint, Inc. offers a powerful, quality-assurance certification and customer feedback platform for today’s growing businesses. Leveraging the latest in Web 2.0 trends, web content authentication and consumer ratings systems, RatePoint, Inc. is revolutionizing the way businesses and consumers define, identify and monitor quality. RatePoint, Inc. was founded by the founders of GeoTrust and is venture backed by Prism VentureWorks and .406 Ventures. For more information about RatePoint, Inc., please visit www.ratepoint.com.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Thursday, September 27, 2007